Thursday, January 12, 2012

Am I a Christian?

Convent in Concordia Kansas

No one says that becoming a Christian is an easy task. Some people think they can just lay claim to Christianity, but it is a little more than just saying, I’m a Christian. It seems more and more ‘religions’ are cropping up as the ages move forward. There is an -ism for non believers, an -ism for God-but-no-Jesus believers, and even an -ism for believers in nothing sacred!
 

Christianity is not an -ism. It is a way of life for the people who believe that Christ is the son of God. But did you know that Christianity makes up 33% of the worlds religions? This includes Catholics, Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Evangelical, Presbyterian and many many more! This was pretty shocking to me since I don’t claim to be any of those religions. Even as it stands, Christianity is divided amongst itself!
 

Mark 3: 24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
1 Cor. 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
 

I can see why people who are seeking something more in their life, search for God. It can become confusing at times though and people are turned away from all the scripture babble, the pressuring of becoming something they don’t understand; people waving pamphlets in their faces saying things like, “We have the way!”  That’s just it, people don’t understand ‘the way’, and all the bible verses, all the books out there that are handed them, the different religions, give no clear path for which their souls are seeking.
 

In my journey, I had a book called, The Holy Bible, it was/is the King James version, and I never converted to any other; for simplified verse, for clarity, for amplification of the divine Word. Why? Because it was MY choice and because  NKJV, just seemed wrong to me. To ME!! Changing ONE WORD, changed the entire scripture verse, to ME!
  
Is it true?

 John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
 

[47] He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
 

The good news is this:
 

John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
 

This is where a Church becomes essential in the growth of a person. A new person seeking God needs to hear it from more than one person handing out tracts of the word of God. This is what we call the fellowship of Christ. It is communing with like minded souls, who are all on the journey, seeking the same God and Lord Jesus Christ as you. You can not walk the walk alone!
 

Matt. 18: 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
[23] For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
 

Without a church backing you up, your spewing of scripture to the unlearned falls by the wayside being devoured by none other than, Satan himself. The seeker then has something else to grab hold of and turns your kind and caring, loving dose of scripture into the introduction of the dark one.
 

Mark 4: 15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
 

1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
 

In deed and truth I hand you my testimony of my struggle, my search, and my finding a way to come to Christ without any confusion. People can tell me things all they want, but I take it directly to God, ask HIM if this is what HE wants me to believe, and He answers. He has never let me down. The truth shall set you free. If you are searching, then bow your knee to him in prayer, and wait for an aswer, in earnest you pray, you will then hear what He has to say.
 

Rev. 16: 19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his word.
 
Ps. 31:[16] Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story: