Friday, January 13, 2012

Take Your Time

Don’t rush into finding God.


Matt 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.


I must admit, in my walk, I have not always attended church. As a matter of fact when I was first discovering Christ’s power and affect in my life, I went to God and asked Him to help me find a church. He said, “When the time is right.” Again I felt I was being groomed by God and had to experience some things before I could ever walk in a Church and claim to be a Christian. I was not going be a hypocrite, and wear a mask in front of all the people worshipping.


I began by applying the scripture to my life with every second that I breathed. Not daily or weekly, applying the word is a minute-by-minute thing that needs constant action.


Is.29:24 They also that erred in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured shall learn doctrine.

Eph.4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;


When I was six, I entered into the Catholic school not knowing who or what God was, or what religion was. All I knew was I was a six year old kid, fresh out of Baptist Bible School, (that we went to, to have something fun to do?) Here I was, first grade, being made to face a God I had only seen in my mind. He was being shaped by man for me. Was I going to accept this form? Probably not.


John 5: 37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.


At six I didn’t know my older brothers were already setting off to high-school, a public high-school I might add, fresh out of Catholic school. All six of us had the benefit of the Catholic school education and I know now, how hard that must’ve been on my mother and father to send six kids to Catholic school, seeing that the tuition was pricey. We’d receive ‘donation’ envelopes that were to be turned in at church each Sunday; little did I know then, tuition was discounted, with the weekly tithing from the four of us that were still in Catholic school. Nor did we know that playing hooky from church, would be made known to my mother when the school notified her that they had not been receiving a weekly tithe, thus our tuition would go up in cost.


We never attended church as a ‘family’. My sister and two brothers were made to take me to church with them and this is what shaped a church life for me. They wanted money. They wanted me to tell THEM my sins, they wanted to shape my walk with God, and even at a young age, I felt God tugging me in a seriously different direction.


Num. 22:24 But the angel of the LORD stood in a path of the vineyards, a wall being on this side, and a wall on that side.


My dad would sit and watch the Sunday service by Oral Roberts and I saw this and thought it was quite okay to sit at home and worship God. I meditated on these things and the only thing shown me was the Light and Love that God had for me, and His hand was doing the molding of my walk with Him. I found myself in later years watching Billy Graham, Robert Schuller, Joel Osteen and others. This was my God filled life.


Job 19:8 He hath fenced up my way that I cannot pass, and he hath set darkness in my paths.

Job 30:13 They mar my path, they set forward my calamity, they have no helper.

Pss. 142:3 When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.


My parents knew no better. They were marring my path thinking that they were doing the right thing by sending us all to Catholic school, but just like sitting at home watching a TV service is unacceptable to God, a child shouldn’t have to be made to raise himself in the Lord. And that is exactly what I did.


Psalm 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Pss. 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.


About nine years ago, God whispered in my ear, “It is time.”


It was at that time I gave up everything!  My home, all of my material belongings, except for a few things, basically all of my past life was gone from before me. I took my son with me to find God and what He wanted me to do.


About seven years ago, I entered a Church for the first time in many years. This is their statement that drew me in: We WELCOME you! Everyone is invited to share in our activities. We recognize all Christians as being part of the church - the Body of Christ. We expect everyone to continue to grow in their faith relationships with God based on their previous faith experiences. Thus, everyone can remain true to her or his beliefs, while being united in Worship, Education and Service. We celebrate our unity through our diversity.


This looked promising and surely was for two years of my growth. By then I tasted the love of fellowship, saw things I needed to change, and knew that this was not the church to further mold me. God had said, “Move on.” And He brought me to a Church of GRACE.


Yes siree, God has had a hand in each and every church I’ve attended, since the beginning of my church life at six, until this very day where I am embraced by people who walk the Christian path daily. I now commune with people who add to my growth, no longer tied to people who draw me away from my faith. “On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand.”


I am now a changed woman all because of Church and Gods hand in seeing that this creation is well worth the clay He formed her from.


Job 33:6  Behold, I am according to thy wish in God's stead: I also am formed out of the clay.

Is.64: 8 But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Matt.6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story: