Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Light Within



I often have heard many people say to me, “You have a light that shines from you.” What are they seeing in me? Is there a glow or something about me that makes me special? I think what they are seeing is God’s light shining forth from me. I’m not saying this as an ego trip, I’m just trying to figure out things out for myself. Not everyone that believes in God, or calls themselves Christian has a light. It takes a lot of refining. Have you ever been speaking to someone that just has their heart glowing, their soul shining, the piercing eyes that can see deep into the wellspring of your soul? Few and far in between, but they’re out there! 
 

Not every Christian I’ve met has the Light shining forth from them, but they’re struggling on the right path to acquiring it, and so all I can do is offer any assistance in guiding them with hopes they begin walking in the right direction as I comfort them with my testimony, my rocky path, and my mountainous journey. It is not up to me who is in my path on this journey, it is those that choose to hear my word, and take my testimony as a true and well lit path. If you are reading this, then you are in my path for a reason.
 

Eph. 5:1-2  Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
 

Titus 1:8 But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;
 

Some may never read this, some will and enjoy the words. Some may turn a blind eye and think I’m just a bunch of hokey. But know this, this is the story of my life. Are we all here just to live and die? Do you wake up every morning with no real purpose in life? God has created you with a definite purpose in mind, and if you feel you have no purpose and are getting nowhere, then you need to look into your soul and see what God’s purpose is for you.
 

4 Ezra 5: 37 Open me the places that are closed, and bring me forth the winds that in them are shut up, shew me the image of a voice: and then I will declare to thee the thing that thou labourest to know.
 

Did you know that a silversmiths job is to hold a piece of silver over the fire to let it heat up? In refining silver, one needs to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames are hottest so as to burn away all the impurities. Always keeping a watchful eye on the silver as it is heated, because if his eyes stray for even a brief moment, the whole piece will be destroyed! It is important to be watchful of the molten metal as it does not help the process when it is overheated.  It may not destroy the silver, but silver has an affinity for absorbing oxygen and this can make it unworkable.
 

Malachi 3:3 "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver;and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.
 

How does a silversmith know when the silver is fully refined? When he sees his image reflected in it. Clean molten silver will shine with a mirror-like quality when it is ready to pour.
 

1 Cor. 15: 49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
 

2 Cor. 3: 8 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
 

Isn’t that amazing? When we are in the hottest portions of finding our faith, God has you in His hand and is just waiting to see His image in you, then He knows you are fully refined. You have followed Him, washed away all the impurities of the fleshly man, and have come to Him refined and ready to walk the path of the righteous. To God you are precious silver, to man, they see His image in you. The Light of the Lord will shine forth from EVERYone, when they are refined. That is some great news and HOPE in a hopeless generation!

I’ll leave you with this:
 

Mal. 4: 1-6 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story: