Monday, January 16, 2012

A Vain Faith

Is. 41:29 Behold, they are all vanity; their works are nothing: their molten images are wind and confusion.

I am writing this post after I saw a post of The Shroud of Turin, proved to be the real thing by scientists. Do I need proof that Jesus existed? The UK newspaper, The Independent, reports that Italian scientists have discovered evidence that a “supernatural event” formed the image on the Shroud of Turin, believed by many to be the burial cloth of Jesus Christ. The scientists showed that the image was made by a short, intense burst of UV radiation so powerful that it can’t be reproduced even by modern science, let alone by medieval hoaxers!

A vain faith seeks signs and wonders and proof that the Lord exists, that His Word is divine and that Moses parted the Red Sea, or that Noah built a boat to weather an impending flood, or that little David fought a giant and won, all with God’s guidance? A man in the belly of a whale? For three days?
 

Tit.3: 9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

You might say, no way! Where’s the proof? Then you have archaeologists out climbing Mount Ararat, looking for the Ark, and you have people physically seeking evidence that everything in the Bible is true. My friend, you have The Bible as the proof. Whether you believe it to be the truth is solely up to you. And if you truly believe it and have faith that it is the Divine word of God, why seek more proof? Are ye of little faith?  This is what FAITH is all about. Before you, you have a living testament of the Word. Was King James accurate in giving us all the content that was handed down since the beginning of time? I would think you naive if you believed that.
 

Gal. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

My journey to Christ as a young child, had me seeking all those vain things that MAN wanted me to read and believe, but as my faith grew so did insight to God. Do I have all the answers? No way. Do I have many questions? Sure I do, I’m human. But am I going to get ANY of my answers from a man, scientist, philosopher, archeologist? NO WAY! I take all my questions to God himself, HE and He alone gives me the answers. Does He want me to give you all the answers that He’s given me? Well that’s just silly. He wants YOU to come to Him and ask for yourself, and not seek through the words and vain babblings of men.
 

Man (and woman) in their arrogant pursuits wants to be the ones to say, “Aha! Here is proof. Here is what I found. I need to share with you this proof.” It also satisfies their bewildered soul, so they then can have faith? Faith is accepting the unknown, embracing the supernatural as fact and not seeking scientific answers. They can not and will not give you the answers your soul seeks.
 

Col. 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

When God decided to come to earth as a man named Jesus,  He knew you would seek these answers. He knew your inquisitive minds would want solid proof as of the The Flood, the Parting of the Sea, the apple given to Eve, all of these things he KNEW! But Jesus asked one thing of us as true believers of His testimony and His living Word, to HAVE FAITH.
 

1 Cor. 3: 20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
 
1 Cor. 15: 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
 
Jer. 8: [19] Behold the voice of the cry of the daughter of my people because of them that dwell in a far country: Is not the LORD in Zion? is not her king in her? Why have they provoked me to anger with their graven images, and with strange vanities?

A lot of times it is so hard to hold faith in our hands. At times we want what we want WHEN we want it and it tears our insides apart knowing that something Bigger than you, something MORE spectacular than you is in complete control of YOUR life. The Holy Bible lay all your answers right at your door, yet you seek more? He meant it when He said to humble yourselves, that means putting HIM in the driver seat. You’re just along for the ride.
 

Luke 13:19 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.
 
Matt. 24: [24] For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 

Hold faith in your hand like the solid gem that it is. Store it in the Lords temple, meaning your soul, and treasure it, for it’s worth eternal Light to you. Man cannot open the doorway to heaven for you, you get there all on your own.  

Matt. 14: 31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story: